So you’re heading home from a major workout – at the gym, the river, or the slopes! – and your girlfriends start texting you to join them for Happy Hour downtown in 20 minutes. Sure, you might have time for a quick hop in the shower to rinse the sweat off, but that leaves about 5 minutes to re-prettify everything else! What’s a girl to do?
Here’s our 5-minute quick-fix makeover guide, to take you from your workout, to the restaurant!
1. Face wipes. Shower or no, these babies take the sweat, the grime, and the smeared makeup clean away, with no harsh chemicals or oils. We love Almay’s Oil-Free Makeup Remover Towelettes; gentle enough for sensitive skin, but strong enough to remove the most stubborn makeup! With soothing aloe, cucumber, and green tea, these easy little wipes can make a big difference for your face.
2. Hair refresher. Dry shampoos are amazing these days; a far cry from the aerosols and powders of the past. Bumble & Bumble makes a Thickening Dryspun Finish spray that will blow your mind. It absorbs oil, plumps up limp locks, and refreshes your style with no fuss or muss. A miracle? Maybe… But whatever it is, we are big fans! Spray it in, rough it up with you fingertips, and go!
3. Powder Foundation. When you have the time, liquid foundation, powders, bronzers, and blushes are great. But when you’re in a rush, t’s nice to have a high-coverage powder foundation handy, to even out uneven skin, smooth over fine lines, and add a little color while still looking natural. We love the new Virginn Pure Mineral Makeup line, a local company from Twin Falls that’s pure, natural, and hard-working. The ingredients are: rice peptides, silica, and silk amino peptides. Amazing!!!
4. The eyes have it. If you don’t have time for anything else, focus on your eyes, because that’s what people look at the most when talking to you! Grab eyeliner, a swipe of shadow, and a good defining mascara like L’Oreal’s Voluminous Million Lashes in Carbon Black. And whatever you do, don’t forget your eyebrows. They are the framework of your entire face, and should not be neglected!
5. Lip gloss. Add a little color, babe! A pop of pink goes a long way, and helps those exercise-dried-out lips get some of their moisture back. We recently discovered MAC’s Plushglass, which not only imparts high-gloss color and shine, but also nourishes and protects your lips with good dose of Vitamin E. And here’s the kicker: it’s a lip PLUMPER, too, so pucker up! Mwah!!!
Extra credit: Our favorite beauty trick around the office these days is sucking on ice cubes after a workout. Seriously! After major physical exertion, your face can get red and blotchy from dilated blood vessels. The nerve endings in the top of your mouth directly affect the blood vessels in your face. Sucking on an ice cube makes those vessels restrict, reducing inflammation! So work out, chug water, and save the ice cubes for your complexion.
And relax, because your biggest beauty asset… Is your smile! Work hard, play hard, and be your beautiful self.